Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

About Us

The Sisters of Congregation of Mother of Carmel (CMC) founded in the year 1866 in Keralam. Its main objective as envisaged of the founder fathers is the Spiritual formation especially of women and children and thus our main apostolic work is teaching. 6500 sisters are engaged in this humanitarian task all over the world with commitment.

The First convent and school started by the CMC sisters of Palakkad Province in TamilNadu is Avila Convent and Matriculation Higher Secondary school in coimbatore, in 1967. As the next venture, we started another convent and school in Tirupur to cater the various needs of the people of Tirupur, especially in the field of education. On 1st October, 1977 a convent called “Little Flower” was started in a rented building at Universal Road, Tirupur Town. Gradually classes started with Nursery. Despite the hardships the sisters under went in the next three years, their zeal in the field of education enabled them to purchase 7.5 acres of land for the convent and school at Kullegounden Pudur, Andipalayam. On April 29,1981 a convent was constructed and was blessed by late Mar Joseph Irimpen Bishop of Palakkad. Then the school also shifted to the new place. In 1986, School got its recognition from the department of Education, TamilNadu .In 1989 – 90, the school became a full pledged matriculation school.

The first batch of students appeared for the matriculation examination in March 1990, and came out with 100% result. In 1995, the school was upgraded as higher secondary school.

Recitation, Elocution, Debate and role play are conducted periodically.
More >>